Join us at our next meeting
at NOON on SEPTEMBER 23
at Tyler Elementary (1001 G ST SE)
Please join us at Tyler Elementary on Saturday, September 23 at noon for the next meeting of the DC School Food Project! Please RSVP to email@example.com and spread the word far and wide! If you know of anybody — a parent, a teacher, a student, a food service worker, a health advocate, an anti-hunger warrior, a businessperson, or anybody else who might be interested, please invite them along.
At the meeting we will prioritize our agenda for moving forward, including:
- hosting no-cost monthly wellness workshops to support community health education
- advocating for the integration of FoodPrints recipes in the school meal rotation
- supporting the community push to participate in the Good Food Purchasing Program
- making good on the Healthy Schools Act mandate to create a central kitchen facility
- preparing for the DC City Council hearing on November 16
We also have a number of specific jobs and positions within the organization to divvy up, including some social media work, outreach in the schools, liaising with Council, bridging to DCPS, and more.
We hope to see you on the 23rd! There’s much to be done.
Twitter: DC School Food Project @GreatSchoolFood
Facebook: DC School Food Project